Error and Return Codes
iMacros Error Codes
iMacros displays an error message if it encounters an error and stops the current macro run (unless SET !ERRORIGNORE YES is used).
The general rule is:
- Success return code greater 0 (Currently there is only one success code: 1)
- Failure return code less then 0
- The code is send via the Scripting Interface or command line interface. You can use this return code to find out whether a macro succeeded or not.
- With iimGetLastError() the text of an error message can be retrieved via the Scripting Interface.
- These error codes should not be confused with the Error_and_Return_Codes#Scripting_Interface_Return_Codes which are codes between -1 and -100.
Errors that can occur during setup or if an installation is corrupted.
|-110||Command Line Error: No Macro!|
|-102||Dialog Manager not started|
|-103||Dialog Manager not stopped|
|-167||Browser timeout issue*|
|-184||Error: Wrong value for !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP|
|-187||Error: Wrong value for !ENCRYPTION|
|-189||Error: Wrong value for !POINTER|
Errors that can occur during macro recording.
|-200||Tab X does not exist|
|-201||Please use the mouse to select the next recording position|
|-201b||Error while reading this line: [x]|
|-203||Found wrong macro command while loading file: [x]|
|-251||Selected entry not available: x. Disable this message with SET !ERRORIGNORE YES|
|-255||Downloader can not intercept this download during RECORDING. Replay mode might work|
|-256||Downloader can not intercept this download. Try the SAVE AS feature.|
|-260||Error: EXTRACT needs Internet Explorer 6.0 or better to work correctly.|
|-282||Incorrect decryption password supplied. Please enter the correct password in the OPTIONS dialog or re-run the macro.|
|-283||Incorrect decryption password supplied. Please enter the correct password in the OPTIONS dialog or re-run the macro.|
Errors that can occur during macro replay.
|-301||Error in Line x (TAG command not found in web page)|
|-301b||Datasource [x] not found|
|-302||Frame not found F=[x]|
|-302b||Element empty - Web page problem in Line [x]|
|-302c||Variable [x] not defined. It is not an internal variable and no external datasource was defined|
|-303||Variable [x]: Please specify the number of columns in the CSV file|
|-304||Frame parameter not a number|
|-304b||Error reading datasource: Line [x]|
|-305||Datasource not found.|
|-306||Unrecognized command, please contact support.|
|-310||This macro was created with an older version of iMacros.|
|-311||WAIT Parameter must be the time in seconds|
|-314||Macro too large for the non-commercial IE Edition: Macro truncated.|
|-318||Datasource end of file (see related forum post)|
|-322||Error: Website did not respond (Timeout)|
|-329||Error: POS Parameter not numeric: [x]|
|-331||Page Error, and CONTINUE=NO|
|-332||Security dialog appeared and STOP=YES|
|-335||SaveItem Timeout: Could not download item from|
|-336||No URL for SAVETARGETAS found.|
|-340||URL contains unsupported characters. Typically " ", as in "file:///D:/a b/t.htm" => Replace " " with "%20": "file:///D:/a%20b/t.htm"|
|-342||Scripting Interface: Communication Error|
|-345||EXTRACT ELEM value to high (legacy)|
|-349||Selected entry in a select box is not available|
|-350||Stopwatch Parameter incorrect|
|-350||Could not find macro|
|-351||SAVEAS Type incorrect|
|-351a||Image Recognition Plugin not installed.|
|-351b||SAVEAS TYPE=BMP supports only screenshots from the the first tab.|
|-352||IMAGESEARCH and IMAGECLICK commands require the Image Recognition Plugin.|
|-352a||Plus symbol (+) not supported with SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT: [x]|
|-352b||Please use the iMacros Browser for taking web page screenshots. SAVEAS TYPE=BMP is not supported in the IE-Plugin.|
|-355||Timeout during download. You can increase the timeout value in the OPTIONS dialog or with SET !TIMEOUT"|
|-356||ONDIALOG: Wrong value for BUTTON|
|-356a||ONSECURITY: Wrong value: BUTTON|
|-356b||ONERROR: Wrong value: BUTTON|
|-357||Wrong certificate value: [x]|
|-359||Wrong value for ONPRINT BUTTON=<x>|
|-361||WINCLICK: X coordinate not a number: [x]|
|-362||WINCLICK: Y coordinate not a number: [x]|
|-370||Internal Error during encryption|
|-373||In the TRIAL VERSION the DATASOURCE Number of Columns is limited to 10|
|-379||Unknown DirectScreen command. List of allowed DS commands|
|-381||Could not find image in browser screen|
|-381a||Error: Invalid !LOOP value: [x]|
|-382||Could not find INPUT IMAGE, location = [x]|
|-382a||Could not find Image Search Plugin (imimage.dll)|
|-382b||Could not find Image Search Plugin (imimage.dll)|
|-382c||Error: Invalid DATASOURCE_LINE value: [x]|
|-382d||Error: Wrong value for !HTMLPOPUIGNOREIGNORE|
|-383||Error: Invalid VARSETALL value: [x]|
|-383a||Error: DATASOURCE Number of Columns too high (max. value is 30).|
|-383b||Error: Invalid timeout value: [x]|
|-384||Error: Invalid replay speed value: [x]|
|-384b||Error: EXTRACTADD value: [x]|
|-384||Error: Invalid DATASOURCE Number of Columns value: [x]|
|-384a||Error: Wrong value for !EXTRACTDIALOG|
|-384b||Only !VAR1, !VAR2 and !VAR3 can be used with SET.|
|-385||Error: EXTRACT value: [x]|
|-385a||Error: Wrong value for !ERRORIGNORE|
|-388||Error: Wrong value for !DIALOGMANAGER|
|-390||Error: Wrong value for !CHECKING|
|-393||Error: SET Parameter not recognized: [x]|
|-394||Error: ADD Parameter not recognized: [x]|
Errors specific for the IE Add-on.
|-401||The IE Plugin supports only one new window (TAB T=2)|
|-402||TAB command syntax error|
Command Line Interface
Errors when calling iMacros via the command line or Scripting Interface. This error code should not be confused with the Scripting Interface Return Codes, which are codes between -1 and -100.
|-522||Command Line Error: No Macro found|
Errors specific for the Firefox Add-on.
|-808||Unrecognized command (e. g. DS)|
Scripting Interface Return Codes
After each command the Scripting Interface returns a code. You can use this return code to find out whether a command succeeded or not. The general rule is:
- Success return code greater equal 0
- Failure return code less then 0
* You can use iimGetLastError() to retrieve the text associated with the last error.
- 1 (sOk)
- Macro completed Ok
- -1 (sFail)
- Scripting Interface can not complete this command. Typically this error can occur if the software is not installed correctly
- -2 (sNotCompleted)
- A command was started but did not complete. This error happens only if the browser is terminated so abruptly that iMacros can not respond back to the interface. Typically this happens only in the rare case of a browser crash. If the user simply closes the browser you will get the -102 error instead (see below).
- -3 (sTimeout)
- The iMacros browser did not respond in a certain time. The default timeout is 600s. You can change this value individually for some commands. For example, you can specify iimPlay(<macro>, <timeout>). In addition to a normal timeout, this error also occurs if the browser freezes for any reason.
- -4 (sNotStarted)
- Could not start the iMacros browser. Typically this indicates an installation issue.
- This error occurs if you start iimInit() twice.
- -100...-999 (sMacroError)
- sMacroError can have a value of -100 and lower (-101,-102,...,-999). These are NOT Scripting Interface error codes, but errors created by the iMacros browser and the macro itself. The Scripting Interface passes them from the browser to your script or application.
- User pressed Stop button in the iMacros Browser. Typically, you can check on this value to see if the user wants to exit the application.
- User pressed Exit button in the iMacros Browser, i.e. the iMacros Browser was closed by a user. Note that this is not the same as sNotComplete. The code "sNotComplete"(-2) indicates that he browser was closed e.g. by the task scheduler or a crasg and not by a regular user exit or stop.
Error codes below -200 are error codes generated during the macro replay. These are the same errors (or error codes) that you get during a manual macro replay (if you start the macro by clicking the "Play" button). For more information on these errors please see the List of iMacros Browser Error Codes.