IE9 Nags(Copy URL in PhpBB Forum Format - Info)
How to display the IE9 toolbar?
The new IE9 interface has almost everything hidden by default. To display the "good old" menus again right-click on an empty space at the top of the browser. Then select which toolbar you want to display.
How to display the IE9 status bar?
How to enable the IE9 Compatibility permanently for all websites?
Please go to Tools > Compatibility View Settings and check the "Display all websites in Compatibility View" box.
Important: Clicking the Compatibility View icon next to the address bar enables the Compatibility View only for the spefic website that is currently displayed.
How to check what compatibility mode IE9 currently has?
In IE9, press F12. The active mode is displayed in the menu bar of the developer tools.
What IE compatibility mode does the webbrowser control use?
It depends. By default all applications that host a webbrowser control (such as iMacros) use IE7.
In more details: By default, applications hosting the WebBrowser Control open standards-based pages in IE7 mode unless the page contains an appropriate X-UA-Compatible header. You can change this by adding the name of the application executable file to the FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION feature control key and setting the value appropriate for the desired behavior.
Example: The iMacros software sets this flag to 9000 upon installation, so that the iMacros Browser (= IE webbrowser control) and the iMacros for Internet Explorer behave the same.
The DWORD value must equal one of thefollowing values.
- 7000: Pages containing standards-based <!DOCTYPE> directives aredisplayed in IE7 mode.
- 8000: Pages containing standards-based <!DOCTYPE> directives aredisplayed in IE8 mode
- 8888: Pages are always displayed in IE8mode, regardless of the <!DOCTYPE>directive. (This bypasses the exceptions listed earlier.)
- 9000: Use IE9 settings!
- 9999: Force IE9
For more details see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-en/library/cc817574.aspx.
IE9 System Requirements
IE9 runs only on:
- Windows Vista 32-bit with Service Pack 2 (SP 2) or higher
- Windows Vista 64-bit with Service Pack 2 (SP 2) or higher
- Windows 7 32-bit or higher
- Windows 7 64-bit or higher
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit with Service Pack 2 (SP 2) or higher
- Windows Server 2008 64-bit with Service Pack 2 (SP 2) or higher
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit