Windows Logon Types(Copy URL in PhpBB Forum Format - Info)
This page lists the different Windows Logon Types.
- 2 - Interactive (logon at keyboard and screen of system) - Works with all browsers and functions
- 3 - Network (i.e. connection to shared folder on this computer from elsewhere on network or IIS logon - Never logged by 528 on W2k and forward. See event 540)
- 4 - Batch (i.e. scheduled task) - Works well if your macros do not use or trigger dialog boxes via commands like SAVEAS or PRINT.
- 5 - Service (Service startup)
- 7 - Unlock (i.e. unnattended workstation with password protected screen saver)
- 8 - NetworkCleartext (Logon with credentials sent in the clear text. Most often indicates a logon to IIS with "basic authentication") See this article for more information.
- 9 - NewCredentials
- 10 - RemoteInteractive (Terminal Services, Remote Desktop or Remote Assistance) - Works with all browsers and functions - How to Schedule a RemoteInteractive Session
- 11 - CachedInteractive (logon with cached domain credentials such as when logging on to a laptop when away from the network)
We recommend to run iMacros either in Interactive (2) or RemoteInteractive (10) mode.
iMacros also works in Batch mode (4), but web browsers are not designed to work without user desktop and over the last years we had several reports of very strange problems with all web browsers (iMacros Browser, IE, Firefox) when run in batch mode. Note that this is not an iMacros issue, but problems of the web browser themselves.
Other logon types might also work. Please contact our tech support to discuss this further.
You can also set up a scheduled task to run in RemoteInteractive mode instead of Batch mode via iimRunner. Ask our tech support for details.
See also: How to run iMacros unattended