Editor(Copy URL in PhpBB Forum Format - Info)
Play Macro SelectionThe iMacros Editor can offer more than only highlighting iMacros syntax. Look for the Play menu item
- If no text is selected on the editor, the line currently under the cursor is played.
- The editor sends complete lines to iMacros, even if the selection contains only a piece of a line.
- Play from Here plays all lines from the cursor to the end of the macro.
- Check Play in IE to have the macro or macro fragment played in Internet Explorer.
- Play in IE is checked by default if the editor was started from iMacros for IE Plugin, via one of the "edit actions" in the iMacros sidebar.
- The editor plays the macro in the currently open browser. If an open browser is not found, a new browser window is created to play the macro.
- After the play, the browser window remains open.
Geek tip from our developers: Behind the scenes the editor uses the iMacros Scripting API to play the macro with the iimInit ("", FALSE) setting to connect to the existing iMacros or Internet Explorer instance. The iimPlayCode command is used send the code from the editor to iMacros.
You can insert pre-defined command and variable templates directly into your macro using the Insert menu.
Image previewAnother cool feature of the iMacros Editor is the ability to show thumbnails of the images which you use in ImageSearch
You can tell the Editor to only highlight commands that are supported in a specific iMacros version. Of course, all core commands are supported in all version.
Our goal is that all versions of iMacros support the same commands and have exactly the same syntax. However, due to differences between the browsers, not all commands are available in all flavors of iMacros.
The icons on each command detail page show if the specific command is supported in the iMacros Browser, iMacros for Internet Explorer, iMacros for Firefox, and iMacros for Chrome.
Commands that are supported in all browsers work exactly the same in each browser, so macros created in the iMacros Browser (or Internet Explorer) can be replayed in iMacros for Firefox and vice versa. Browser specific differences are automatically handled by iMacros.